Product suggestion: USB-C right angle - "up/dn"

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
clarkj

Product suggestion: USB-C right angle - "up/dn"

Post by clarkj »

You've added a few "right angle" USB C adapters, but they've been "in plane" -- I'd like to see one that is "out-of-plane" -- think of plug it into a laptop and the "socket" points at the ceiling or the floor. Since USB C is "reversible", one adapter could go either way.

It would be useful for situations where a board, for instance, a Feather ESP32-S2 TFT, is mounted "against" a panel in a tight space.

I hope that this is a good place to post such a request! If not, please respond with where would be a good place!

michaelmeissner

Re: Product suggestion: USB-C right angle - "up/dn"

Post by michaelmeissner »

While it would be nice if Adafruit had their own version of the adapter, they are available. I went over to ebay, and I looked for "usb c angle up" and then I narrowed the search to USA sellers. There were 115 or so items for sale. Glancing at the pictures, perhaps 1/3 to 1/2 of the items had a USB C male plug with the up/down angle joint for attaching a USB C male plug into the USB C female socket. They also had several cables, rather that just adapters, and USB A to USB C cables, plus a few 180 degree adapters. Of course like any ebay searches, there were a number that did not meet the criteria.

If I sort by cost, there were roughly 8 adapters that had free shipping and were under $10 US.

Of course the nice thing about USB C is you only need two adapters (up/down and right/left) as compared to 4 for micro USB-B, HDMI, etc. (i.e. right angle, left angle, up angle, down angle).

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”