what to do about failures with touch screen extender cable 1662

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
InstruCon

what to do about failures with touch screen extender cable 1662

Post by InstruCon »

My company has purchased over 100+ touchscreen extenders 1662, and we are finding some with pin 1 not connected, and one that looked like someone had touched it up. We are now concerned about their quality, and was wondering if they should be replaced. We use them on industrial control equipment and cannot risk having failures.

Franklin97355

Re: what to do about failures with touch screen extender cable 1662

Post by Franklin97355 »

Is it possible to post pictures of the problems? We can do replacements but, for industrial projects, I would recommend going to a manufacturer rather than a reseller.

InstruCon

Post by InstruCon »

Hello, I am sorry, I thought you were the manufacturer. Could you provide contact information of the manufacturer? Thank you so much.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

we don't have access to the manufacturer directly. we will replace any failures received, we haven't had any quality issues on this product before. for replacements email support@adafruit

InstruCon

Post by InstruCon »

Hello. Should I email the address you gave me to get contact information to send back the failed ones? I have around 16 failures so far, the majority being little or no solder, with the 4 pin header falling off with little pressure. I even had one where the header was already off in the bag. I have about 60 more to check, probably be done mid next week.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Go ahead and complete your test and let us know the total. We can arrange the replacement or refund.

InstruCon

Post by InstruCon »

Hello, and thank you so much. I will let you know once I finish reviewing them. I forgot that I am taking some vacation next week, so I should be done sometime the first week of October. Replacement parts would be good, no need for refund. Thanks again.

InstruCon

Post by InstruCon »

Hello, I finished and found 30 failed units. I can send them back if needed. I wish I could get them back to the supplier. The majority of failures was either little solder and connector fell off, or bad touch up that shorted pins or just did not look right. Easy to tell vs a good one. If I could get 30 replacement ones, that would be appreciated.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

we dont want them back but thanks for the warning - we will yell at the vendor.
please email support@adafruit and ask for 40 replacements (that way if any more slip thru you will have extras)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”