Single LiPoly Meter Only 1 Bar ALWAYS

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
CYMotorsport

Single LiPoly Meter Only 1 Bar ALWAYS

Post by CYMotorsport »

Hello,

Have you have people have issues with your single lipo bar meter in the link below?

https://www.adafruit.com/product/5383

I know it's a bit crude as far as voltage meter goes but I must say it's rather handy in a pinch. my problem is I'm literally looking at the fuel gauge giving me a 78% charged and the exact same battery into the single bar meter is just one bar. All my batteries read as one bar despite them being a range of % but not 1. I know the cut offs are quartiled but it's still not adding up. I've checked the wiring it appears intact and correct.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Single LiPoly Meter Only 1 Bar ALWAYS

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

We haven't gotten reports of any with that problem, but that doesn't prevent one-off issues.

As a sanity check, what voltage do you see on the LiPo plugged into the meter?

CYMotorsport

Post by CYMotorsport »

3.876V for 53.4% yields a 1 bar on the Lipo bar

CYMotorsport

Post by CYMotorsport »

Just checking in on this - not sure there's anything I can do but open to trying to troubleshoot if i'm missing something.

If I was to go with something a little more robust, would the next best option be this mini 2 wire meter?
https://www.adafruit.com/product/460

I've also attempted to find resolution to this issue by purchasing the fuel gauge and the oled from the product image but having trouble getting it to display the voltage consistently as there is no underlying example code (though Dave was super helpful in atleast getting it up and running with existing code). Should you think it appropriate the meter be replaced, is there anyway the mini 2 wire meter could be considered a viable replacement instead? I've not seen anyone have any issues at all with that yet.

Nick

adafruit_support_mike

Sorry for the delay. Send a note containing a link to this page and your order number to [email protected]. The folks there will get you a replacement.

CYMotorsport

Post by CYMotorsport »

Hey Mike,

It's not a problem. I'll likely need to go with a more robust solution or keep working on the fuel gauge to get it to work with some code. i'll crack it at some point I'm sure.

One last question - is the "fastest" lipo charger you have the 500mA jumper closed solution like the Adafruit Micro Lipo V1? I know fastest is a trade off & I want to do it safely, but I need to pick up a second one to charge some lipos of different sizes - both 2500mAh. For some reason I had the sense the PowerBoost 1000 Charger - Rechargeable 5V 1A Boost could charge more efficiently but I can't remember why I came to that conclusion and have no evidence to support it so could be, and likely is, totally off base.

nick

adafruit_support_mike

CYMotorsport wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:23 am is the "fastest" lipo charger you have the 500mA jumper closed solution like the Adafruit Micro Lipo V1?
The standard charger and the PowerBoost 1000C can charge at 1A:

https://www.adafruit.com/product/259
https://www.adafruit.com/product/2465

CYMotorsport

Post by CYMotorsport »

yeah I accidentally bought the non C version of the boost - two of them in fact. Waiting for them to arrive so I can get it right this time as my micro lipo charger isn't working but I'll post on a different forum to keep things organized appropriately. Thanks!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”