bluetooth coding

For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
williamsikkema

bluetooth coding

Post by williamsikkema »

Hi! I'm building a system that I will only have wireless access to to update code, and I'd like to use code.circuitpython.org to update the code. I can connect to the device and view the serial, but that's about it. I can't open or run anything. I get met with a purple snake moving in circles indefinitely.
purplesnake.png
purplesnake.png (16.61 KiB) Viewed 149 times
help?

I'm running this firmware:

UF2 Bootloader 0.7.0 lib/nrfx (v2.0.0) lib/tinyusb (0.12.0-145-g9775e7691) lib/uf2 (remotes/origin/configupdate-9-gadbb8c7)
Model: Adafruit Feather nRF52840 Express
Board-ID: nRF52840-Feather-revD
Date: Jul 13 2022
SoftDevice: S140 6.1.1

I'm going to try older bootloaders, but any advice would be appreciated.

mikeysklar

Re: bluetooth coding

Post by mikeysklar »

This might not be an issue with your Feather nRF52840. Are you connecting with a Chrome browser? Which OS is it running on? I ask due to this mention in the guide:
The flags are mostly required for storing the bond and reconnecting because some of the functions fairly new. The exception is on Linux where the flags are required to connect at all. So if you are on a non-Linux platform and would rather not enable the flags, keep in mind that the connect button will not function and you will need to create a new Bluetooth pairing each time you connect.
https://learn.adafruit.com/wirelessly-c ... n?view=all

williamsikkema

Post by williamsikkema »

I'm using Chrome on windows 10. I found today that I could access it from my phone, though, so it isn't a problem with the feather.

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Did you wish to continue to pursue setup on the Win10 system?

If so, did you setup the chrome://flags so the connect button will work?

https://learn.adafruit.com/wirelessly-c ... ing-chrome

MakerMelissa

Post by MakerMelissa »

Hi,

I'm the main developer for the Code Editor. There are some known issues with running Web Bluetooth over Windows. Here's a learn guide for using bluetooth with the code editor: https://learn.adafruit.com/wirelessly-c ... vice-setup (as Mikey already linked to). Also, I've heard some users had luck using the Edge browser.

The app has been going through some major rewrites since that guide was written, so it hasn't been updated yet. I'm currently working on improving the reliability of Bluetooth and just pushed fairly big update yesterday afternoon with some improvements to the BLE workflow. If you'd like to try again, perhaps it would work better. There's still a bit of odd behavior and I'm trying to get that all ironed out.

Melissa

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wireless: WiFi and Bluetooth”