Animation Library question

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ceaser333

Animation Library question

Post by ceaser333 »

Originally I was trying to study to see if it was possible to have multiple animations playing at once (the comet animation as a meteor shower to be specific, neopixels). But then I had a thought

Theater chase would be the optimal animation for my project if it is possible to give the neopixels in the middle/end of the Neopixels lighting up the ability to fade out rather
than the instantaneous On -> Off they usually do. How would one achieve an effect like this? I was going over the nested script for theater chase but came up empty handed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

mikeysklar

Re: Animation Library question

Post by mikeysklar »

Have you taken a look at animation group example?

https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Ci ... n_group.py
This example shows three different ways to use AnimationGroup: syncing two animations, displaying
two animations at different speeds, and displaying two animations sequentially, across two separate
pixel objects such as the built-in NeoPixels on a Circuit Playground Bluefruit and a NeoPixel strip.
This example is written for Circuit Playground Bluefruit and a 30-pixel NeoPixel strip connected to
pad A1. It does not work on Circuit Playground Express.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”