Quick question, text scrolling on the Adafruit 3.5" 320x480 Color TFT Touchscreen Breakout?

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jwinslade

Quick question, text scrolling on the Adafruit 3.5" 320x480 Color TFT Touchscreen Breakout?

Post by jwinslade »

I can't find any documentation on this feature or non-feature, but does anyone know for sure if the Adafruit 3.5" 320x480 Color TFT Touchscreen Breakout has built-in facilities for vertical text scrolling, the common scrolling up when the bottom row is reached.

I did find a several-year-old thread on the topic, which implied that it may be possible, but nothing to pick up and run with.

A related question, if the scrolling feature is not implemented, it is possible to read back (from the device to the microcontroller) the character at position x,y? Even that would save a lot of awkward and messy coding and buffering to do the scrolling in software.

Thanks.

mikeysklar

Re: Quick question, text scrolling on the Adafruit 3.5" 320x480 Color TFT Touchscreen Breakout?

Post by mikeysklar »

Are you using Arduino? Vertical scrolling is not baked into the Adafruit HX8357 library which you would be using with this display on Arduino. You can roll your own based on another users submission.

viewtopic.php?f=19&p=841013

jwinslade

Re: Quick question, text scrolling on the Adafruit 3.5" 320x480 Color TFT Touchscreen Breakout?

Post by jwinslade »

Yes, using the Arduino and not Python.

Thanks for the link. That looks more promising than the years-old one I was able to find. I will definitely check that out.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”