New Feather Huzzah ESP8266 does not appear in my boards

adafruit.io wippersnapper BETA support, discussions, and more!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
chuck_untulis

Re: New Feather Huzzah ESP8266 does not appear in my boards

Post by chuck_untulis »

I just looked back and in "Python on Microcontrollers Newsletter: 256" is an article "WipperSnapper No-Code IoT Platform now works with Adafruit Feather HUZZAH ESP8266"? If it is ancient why advertise it?

Your question about do I have an ESP32 - brings up a missing capability as far as I can see. I would like to be able to search in my list of purchases and have the result of the search be presented as a list of the matching items in a list. As it is, it shows a list of orders that contain items including the searched term. Then I have to one-by-one open each order and visually scan the items in the order until I find the item of interest. That process is a bit painful and I have not made very many orders.

Another capability that is missing is a ranking of characteristics of items such as "end of life estimation", "pointers to replacements". If I order something today and it goes end-of-life in two weeks then the value of my order is degraded.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

we have it available because for most people it does work! we're thinking about removing or warning on ESP8266 feather - we wanted to support older customer orders but its really not a recommended chip (espressif is trying to discontinue it and replace it with esp32-c3

email support@adafruit for a refund - we'll let you know when wippersnapper is out of beta!

trismegiste

Post by trismegiste »

Hello, I have the same issue with the same device. Is there any way I can fix this, or restore my device so that I can use it with 'regular' arduino code again?

chuck_untulis

Post by chuck_untulis »

I was told to ask for a refund, but they denied it because it was "out of warranty". I will need to buy a different board.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

@chuck did you email support@adafruit with a link to this thread?

chuck_untulis

Post by chuck_untulis »

I did. The message contained "Thanks for the information. Order BANNED was placed on November 2, 2016, which is outside of our warranty period...Please advise if the item was included in a more recent order."
I replied "nope". I have heard nothing since.

I never heard what the problem was - the hardware, the process, the documentation or the software. I was expecting something specific.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

ok, the title of this thread is "New Feather Huzzah ESP8266 does not appear in my boards" which sounded like the board was less than 6 years old or you were purchasing it specifically to use wippersnapper.

you can email back and ask for store credit if you cannot use the ESP8266 for another purpose.

other folks who need help with wippersnapper, please open new threads, this thread is resolved

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Adafruit IO Wippersnapper Beta”