Upload Error Message

Play with it! Please tell us which board you're using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
hydrophyte

Upload Error Message

Post by hydrophyte »

This is a question that has been asked before.

I'm attempting to upload an example sketch to Circuit Playground Express, but getting this error message...
fork/exec /Users/devinbiggs/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/7-2017q4/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++: no such file or directory

Compilation error: fork/exec /Users/devinbiggs/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/7-2017q4/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++: no such file or directory
What am I missing?

dastels

Re: Upload Error Message

Post by dastels »

Have you installed BOTH the Arduino and Adafruit SAMD board support packages? See https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-fea ... rduino-ide.

Dave

hydrophyte

Post by hydrophyte »

dastels wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:28 am Have you installed BOTH the Arduino and Adafruit SAMD board support packages? See https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-fea ... rduino-ide.

Dave
Yep. Latest versions for both are installed.

dastels

Post by dastels »

Hmm. Well, it's complaining about /Users/devinbiggs/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/7-2017q4/bin/. Does that exist? What's there? If not, what's in that general area?

Dave

hydrophyte

Post by hydrophyte »

dastels wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:52 am Hmm. Well, it's complaining about /Users/devinbiggs/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/7-2017q4/bin/. Does that exist? What's there? If not, what's in that general area?

Dave
I looked, but I can't find that. Could it be a cached version of something?

dastels

Post by dastels »

That's where it's looking, which explains why it can't find it. Is arm-none-eabi-g++ anywhere on your system?

Dave

hydrophyte

Post by hydrophyte »

Nope, not anywhere. I've already tried deleting and reinstalling IDE twice. What can I do about this?

dastels

Post by dastels »

uninstall and reinstall the both SAMD support packages. I'm assuming it has to do with the Arduino one.

Dave

hydrophyte

Post by hydrophyte »

OK, now I have a really dumb question. Where can I find those, exactly? I've tried file searches, but they don't yield much. I also tried deleting all of IDE and everything that a file search gave me, then reinstalled. But both Adafruit SAMD and Arduino SAMD were there already when I opened it up again. Where, exactly, do these reside?

I'm working on a Mac.

dastels

Post by dastels »

For comparison, I just installed Arduino 1.8.19 on my Mac, Arduino SAMD 1.8.13, and Adafruit SAMD 1.7.10. Compiling blink works.

What example are you trying?

Dave

hydrophyte

Post by hydrophyte »

LOL I just figured it out. All you have to do is hover over "INSTALLED" and it gives you a "UNINSTALL" button.

hydrophyte

Post by hydrophyte »

Wow this is so convoluted!

I uninstalled both Adafruit and Arduino SAMD. I then reinstalled Arduino SAMD, but Boards Manager doesn't seem to have Adafruit SAMD at all anymore. It doesn't show up at all. How can I get it back in here?

dastels

Post by dastels »

This maybe?
We will be adding a URL to the new Additional Boards Manager URLs option. The list of URLs is comma separated, and you will only have to add each URL once. New Adafruit boards and updates to existing boards will automatically be picked up by the Board Manager each time it is opened. The URLs point to index files that the Board Manager uses to build the list of available & installed boards.

To find the most up to date list of URLs you can add, you can visit the list of third party board URLs on the Arduino IDE wiki. We will only need to add one URL to the IDE in this example, but you can add multiple URLS by separating them with commas. Copy and paste the link below into the Additional Boards Manager URLs option in the Arduino IDE preferences.

https://adafruit.github.io/arduino-boar ... index.json
Dave

dastels

Post by dastels »

Wow this is so convoluted!
yeah, Arduino is a little hacky. 2.0 seems nicer, but I usually use platform.io when I can.

Dave

hydrophyte

Post by hydrophyte »

dastels wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:33 pm This maybe?

Dave
Got it. Thanks. I never would have figured that out in a million years.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Circuit Playground Classic, Circuit Playground Express, Circuit Playground Bluefruit”