QT Py ESP32-C3 BLE Flaky Connection

For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
stumpylog

QT Py ESP32-C3 BLE Flaky Connection

Post by stumpylog »

I recently purchased 2 of the Qt Py ESP32-C3 boards, one of which is to replace a HUZZAH32 in a smaller form factor for listening to a BLE cadence sensor.

When I changed uploaded the same sketch to both boards, they have issues connecting to the sensor and once connected, will often drop/miss notifications from the sensor. This sketch works great with the HUZZAH32 and I took an TinyPico out of a different project, which also had no problem.

So it seems to come down to the ESP32-C3 boards only. I might assume a bad board or something, except both exhibit this. I am using the 2.0.5 release of the espressif/arduino-esp32 library. Are there known issues around BLE on the -C3 boards?

mikeysklar

Re: QT Py ESP32-C3 BLE Flaky Connection

Post by mikeysklar »

There are some open issues in the github repo espressif/arduino-esp32 for the esp32-c3.

https://github.com/espressif/arduino-es ... n+esp32-c3

Maybe of more interest is the recent check-ins of more example code for the ESP32-C3.

https://github.com/espressif/arduino-es ... 0b31f1b4ed

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

C3 is very new, would not surprise me that BLE is not as solid as the very-well-used-for-5-years ESP32

stumpylog

Post by stumpylog »

I guess I was imagining since it was announced about 2 years ago, it would be fairly stable. But maybe it's more about when it actually started producing and getting put into boards.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wireless: WiFi and Bluetooth”