Need help finding right ADC

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Atlas83

Need help finding right ADC

Post by Atlas83 »

Hi everyone!

I am trying to read a vacuum sensor by converting a voltage signal to a digital signal using an Analog to Digital Converter with a raspberrypi 4 and need help picking the right ADC. My goal is to have the highest precision as possible which I believe means I’d need to measure as low as 1mv (0.001v)

1- Can someone recommend me the right Adafruit ADC?

2- Can someone describe what 5V5T and LBD mean and which might be better for my application?

The vacuum sensor manual says:

Analog Output
The unit has an analog output. This analog output is normally scaled by 5V5T volts. LBD volts are also available, as described below.

5V5T Provides a voltage output proportional to vacuum reading which ranges from 0-5 volts at 1mV per mTorr (1 micron = 1mV, 5 Torr = 5 Volts)

A Linear by Decade scheme where the leading digit is scale, and the last digit is the vacuum reading. For example: 0.995 Volts = 0.995 Torr, 1.010V = 10.1T,
2.1V = 100T, and 3.760V = 760T

Link to Vacuum Sensor documentation:

https://www.ajvs.com/library/DigiVac_Mo ... _Sheet.pdf

Thanks!!

Franklin97355

Re: Need help finding right ADC

Post by Franklin97355 »

I'm not sure about ADC bits but this should give you a great resolution.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”