Adafruit Feather nRF52840 not shown as USB Device

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
remydemy

Adafruit Feather nRF52840 not shown as USB Device

Post by remydemy »

Hello,

I have a couple of Adafruit Feather nrf52840 express devices and I want to set up a small openthread network. As far as setting up a simple network where all the devices have a basic cli-ftd flashed onto them everything works. But I want to extend it so that when I press the button on the feather device it sends a multicast udp message. I found this tutorial https://openthread.io/codelabs/openthread-apis#1 by openthread to do something similar and alternated the code a little bit. My code is building, and I can also flash the adafruit feather device with the segger j-link successfully.

My problem is: When I plug the feather device with a usb cable into my computer after flashing it is not recognised.

Is there any way I can debug the code I wrote or can anybody help me with this problem?

Best regards,

Emily

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Adafruit Feather nRF52840 not shown as USB Device

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

As a sanity check, verify your USB cable by using it to connect some other, known-working device to a computer.

There's a plague of charge-only cables out there with USB connectors at both ends, but no wires for the data signals. People get caught by them every day.

Just swapping cables has no diagnostic value. The current record is someone who had to try ten cables before finding one that worked. Only a working USB connection can rule out a charge-only cable.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”