ESP32-s2 & Whippersnapper says offline cannot update

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Fibbermcg

ESP32-s2 & Whippersnapper says offline cannot update

Post by Fibbermcg »

I have followed the steps for whippersnapper installation, but I cannot drag and drop the uf2 file. I get the board to have the green light (after double reset press), file manager shows 3 files on screen for the drive. I then drag the new uf2 file and see the transfer graph and a blinking light on the esp board. BUT nothing. no file transfer or re-boot to whipper. what am I doing wrong. I checked the cable to my phone to see data and it is reading data.

Bill

mikeysklar

Re: ESP32-s2 & Whippersnapper says offline cannot update

Post by mikeysklar »

You need to enter bootloader mode on the the ESP32-S2 so that that the device will boot with a drive name like FTHRSBOOT (if you are using a Feather ESP32-S2) names will vary, but the 'BOOT' part is important. Then you can drop the WipperSnapper drive.

Code: Select all

To enter ROM bootloader mode, hold down DFU button while clicking reset button mentioned above. 
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-esp ... ns-3106377

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”