MONSTER M4SK Stuck on boot screen

Wearable electronics: boards, conductive materials, and projects from Adafruit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
MichaelPeckinpaughBTA

MONSTER M4SK Stuck on boot screen

Post by MichaelPeckinpaughBTA »

I am a student working with multiple MONSTER M4SK boards, and we have had issues with all of them, which have all been resolved. Except for one. The MONSTER M4SK boots up, flashes the digi-key screen, and stays as such.

As to how this occurred, i have no clue, as another student is working on these boards, and i am merely fixing them. With the other boards,all that was needed was a quick reinstall of CircutPython and a drag and drop of the standard UF2. however this board is different, as mentioned before, The MONSTER M4SK boots up, flashes the digi-key screen, and stays as such.

after around 3 mins, windows proclaims that the USB device is not recognized, and while i am able to view the files, i am unable to open any of them.

I have tried to wipe the drive completely, reinstalled firmware, tried the steps i tried with previos boards, searched every forum, and nothing has helped. Any insights?

Edit: Problem identified. The student created a bitmap and edited the color, uploading this bitmap causes the problem. unsure of what to do from here

mikeysklar

Re: MONSTER M4SK Stuck on boot screen

Post by mikeysklar »

Let's start with a fresh bootloader. Bottom right corner.

https://circuitpython.org/board/monster_m4sk/
double-click the reset button to show the BOOT drive. Drag the update-bootloader .uf2 file to the BOOT drive. Wait a few tens of seconds for the bootloader to update; the BOOT drive will reappear. After you update, check INFO_UF2.TXT

MichaelPeckinpaughBTA

Re: MONSTER M4SK Stuck on boot screen

Post by MichaelPeckinpaughBTA »

mikeysklar wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:57 pm Let's start with a fresh bootloader. Bottom right corner.

https://circuitpython.org/board/monster_m4sk/
double-click the reset button to show the BOOT drive. Drag the update-bootloader .uf2 file to the BOOT drive. Wait a few tens of seconds for the bootloader to update; the BOOT drive will reappear. After you update, check INFO_UF2.TXT

Unfortunately this has been tried, and upon retrying, the issue has not been resolved on either board

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wearables”