Factory Reset - itsyBitsy nRF52840 Express

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
dbuschho

Factory Reset - itsyBitsy nRF52840 Express

Post by dbuschho »

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to factory reset the "itsyBitsy nRF52840 Express", specifically the bluetooth side of things.

I'm writing a bit of code in Android and ever since it connected to my IB and tried to write to the RX characteristic, the rx_callback in my ino file doesn't fire (I have a .write() call in the rx to just echo the input) when connected to with any tool, including the Adafruit Bluefruit Connector.

When I swap out with a fresh IB board (always have a known good, right?) the ino script behaves as expected with the Adafruit Bluefruit Connector.

I'm assuming I did something boneheaded in my Android code, and so need to just flash the bluetooth side back to factory settings. I've found factory-reset for the other nrf boards, but I'm missing where the nrf52840 factory reset is. I also found a note about factory reset being removed for the nrf52840 from the adafruit github repo, but felt like that was probably done for a reason?

Thanks if anyone can shed any light on it for me.

mikeysklar

Re: Factory Reset - itsyBitsy nRF52840 Express

Post by mikeysklar »

Does it need to be a real factory reset or would a fresh install of the bootloader and BLE code be adequate?

https://learn.adafruit.com/bluefruit-nr ... bootloader

From the Arduino IDE you could use:

Tools —> Bootloader

From the commandline:

Code: Select all

$ adafruit-nrfutil --verbose dfu serial --package feather_nrf52832_bootloader-0.2.8_s132_6.1.1.zip
 -p /dev/ttyACM0 -b 115200 --singlebank --touch 1200
Here is a link to the current bootloader (bottom right of page):

https://circuitpython.org/board/itsybit ... 0_express/

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Itsy Bitsy Boards”