Metro M4 Express AirLift (WiFi) - No bootloader showing

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bobs737

Metro M4 Express AirLift (WiFi) - No bootloader showing

Post by bobs737 »

I have been using this board for several weeks and I wanted to update the code but now it does not show up on my computer and if I double click the reset button, the neopixel is red. There is no folder there to drop the bootloader file to either so something is wrong. It will run the currently loaded program, I just cannot change it or even see it in device manager. I made no changes and I can see another metro card in device manager.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Metro M4 Express AirLift (WiFi) - No bootloader showing

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

As a sanity check, verify your USB cable by using it to connect some other, known-working device to a computer.

There's a plague of charge-only cables out there with USB connectors at both ends, but no wires for the data signals. People get caught by them every day.

Just swapping cables has no diagnostic value. The current record is someone who had to try ten cables before finding one that worked. Only a working USB connection can rule out a charge-only cable.

bobs737

Post by bobs737 »

I should told you that I have done that and the ones I use work with other boards.

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Try some other known-good cables. The red LED means the bootloader doesn't see a connection to the computer, so a cable issue is still the most likely suspect.

bobs737

Post by bobs737 »

You would think that but I just tried again to use that same cable on a different Metro card and it uses CP210X without a problem. The M4 fails to connect and device manager says, "Unknown USB Device(Device Descriptor Request Failed).

Bob

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Metro, Metro Express, and Grand Central Boards”