Replicating BANNED Cyclops Date Keeper Automatically

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
CYMotorsport

Replicating BANNED Cyclops Date Keeper Automatically

Post by CYMotorsport »

So I made a large replica of the BANNED watch dial to build into an even bigger Formula 1 Time board which leverages an enlarged watch dial (picture at Wimbledon those big BANNED clocks). While normally these don't have the iconic cyclops eye" which tracks the day of the month only in its dedicated box near the 3 hand, I'd like to include it. I have attached 2 images: One circling the cyclops, the other showing how it's mechanically done on a real watch.

My question is : does Adafruit offer a board or product which has the capabilities to track only the day of the month? I can fiddle around with the code as needed but even if a specific product doesn't exist, hoping for some help on where I should investigate so I can buy the most effective product to do this. I have some Lipos stored to make this part wireless as well. Thank you for taking a quick look.

Nick
Attachments
Rolex-Cyclops-Lens.jpeg
Rolex-Cyclops-Lens.jpeg (138.72 KiB) Viewed 176 times
Rolex Cyclops.jpg
Rolex Cyclops.jpg (451 KiB) Viewed 176 times

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Replicating BANNED Cyclops Date Keeper Automatically

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

We don't have anything that tracks days specifically, but the library for RTCs like the DS3231 have a data structure that breaks timestamps (usually milliseconds from 00:00:00 Jan 1 1970) into year, month, day, day of week, and so on:

https://github.com/adafruit/RTClib

CYMotorsport

Post by CYMotorsport »

Couldn't I also couple this with a MagTag to display a number date given magtag is ITC friendly?

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Sure. The data you display on a Magtag would be largely independent of the information you get from an RTC. The only connection would be in your code, which pulls a date from the RTC and tells the Magtag how to display it.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”