ESP32-V2 No Data for a month

adafruit.io wippersnapper BETA support, discussions, and more!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
DJDevon3

ESP32-V2 No Data for a month

Post by DJDevon3 »

I updated around mid october and it broke something and stopped receiving data. I just left it since I couldn't get it working. Updated to beta .54 tonight. Using the ESP32-V2 with DPS310 & MCP9808 sensors. Deleted all sensors, feeds, and dashboard. Created a new dashboard, added both sensors, created line chart blocks in F, same thing. Feeds receive no data. Board says it's Online.

mikeysklar

Re: ESP32-V2 No Data for a month

Post by mikeysklar »

Can you post what you are seeing on the serial monitor?

DJDevon3

Post by DJDevon3 »

Oops should have specified this is on wippersnapper. Sorry thought I posted in a wippersnapper topic. There is no serial in wippersnapper to my knowledge.

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

What OS are you running on your PC? You should still have a serial device that you can connect to through screen, putty or the Arduino IDE console.

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

Feeds receive no data. Board says it's Online.
WipperSnapper does have serial output if you use one of the options posted above.

what color is the board's LED when it turns on? Could you post a screenshot of the device page on Adafruit IO? What firmware version is the device?

DJDevon3

Post by DJDevon3 »

Blinks yellow 5 times
Blinks yellow 5 times
Blinks blue 5 times
Blinks purple 5 times
Short green pulse
Attached I2C devices have green LED's indicating power.

Just looked in my new dashboard (days later) and it started magically logging again on Nov 10th. Everything looks good again.

I got so frustrated with Arduino that I uninstalled it months ago. Been on circuit python for everything else except this V2 on wippersnapper. WipperSnapper makes it so easy that I don't even have to use Arduino anymore.

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

Just looked in my new dashboard (days later) and it started magically logging again on Nov 10th. Everything looks good again.
I'm going to set up a long-term soak test to track this issue. Could you provide a screenshot of your device's page on Adafruit IO showing the components and board name?

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Adafruit IO Wippersnapper Beta”