AE-BNO055-BO imu sensor

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
saranochir

AE-BNO055-BO imu sensor

Post by saranochir »

Hello, I am mechanic engineer student. I recently bought adafruit AE-BNO055-BO(the green colored) from “akitsukidenshi”.
I want to get data from imu sensor by i2c usbport and use it in standard c++ language for my projects. not Arduino Ide or ino.I am currently using MacBook Arduino uno and do you have any source code or header file for standard cpp file or any advice. Actually no idea how to do it.
Using Arduino ide and its libraries are simple solution but I could not do it by Arduino ide because my existing project requires standard c++ language.

saranochir

Re: AE-BNO055-BO imu sensor

Post by saranochir »

here is the data sheet in japanese and my project cpp file(that includes many head files and each head files relates to another type of sensors).
what I wanna do is add bno055 head file to this cpp file but don't know how to write it
Attachments
sensor.cpp
(20.96 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
AE-BNO055-BO_20220413.pdf
(240.87 KiB) Downloaded 7 times

gammaburst

Re: AE-BNO055-BO imu sensor

Post by gammaburst »

The AE-BNO055-BO is not an Adafruit product.

Standard C++ does not include facilities for talking to an I2C controller.

The Arduino environment uses pretty much standard C++, plus a bunch of helper libraries for talking to common hardware gadgets such as an I2C controller. The Arduino environment uses setup() and loop() rather than main().

Here's example code that runs on an Arduino Uno, uses an I2C controller to read/write various BNO055 registers, and then outputs Euler angles as ASCII message through a serial port. Perhaps it will be helpful to you. It uses Arduino's "Wire" and "Serial" libraries, so you could try replacing those calls with your platform's I2C functions and text output functions:
viewtopic.php?p=807547#p807547

Arduino's Wire and Serial library reference:
https://www.arduino.cc/reference/en/lan ... tion/wire/
https://www.arduino.cc/reference/en/lan ... on/serial/

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”