Possibly fried trinket m0

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jath03

Possibly fried trinket m0

Post by jath03 »

I'm working on a rgb controller that's controlling 150 sk6812 rgbw leds. I made it through the prototyping phase, and tested the strip with the controller and it worked perfectly. Then, during the process of putting up the strip, the controller got slightly squished, and when I tried testing it, it didn't work. I assume there was a short somewhere or something, because now the trinket won't turn on when just the battery input and ground pins are connected.

There are also issues driving leds now (they light up, but very incorrectly and flicker a lot), even when using example sketches from both the neopixel and fastled libraries. I set up the circuit in a breadboard again, ran the same sketch on two different microcontrollers, and the other one worked while this trinket failed. I don't know what kind of damage would cause this behavior where the controller works for things like a basic serial echo, but can't drive an led strip anymore. Could some kind of clock source be damaged? I don't really see anything obvious on the board itself. Does anyone have any ideas for further debugging steps? Could I maybe get a replacement?

mikeysklar

Re: Possibly fried trinket m0

Post by mikeysklar »

You should purchase a replacement if the board was physical crushed.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”