EL Tape connector not soldered on

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
AlexanderEmmeth

EL Tape connector not soldered on

Post by AlexanderEmmeth »

Hello,
I received my order of Blue EL Tape (100cm), the description of which says, "For that reason, we are shipping the EL tape in 100cm lengths with two EL connectors soldered on, one on each end."
The description's inclusion of the bolded portion was significant to me, as I do not have access to a soldering kit and don't have the budget to get one, but cutting the 100cm length into two halves would have been perfect for my usage. I also ordered a splitter alongside the tape and an inverter.

I received the tape with one soldered connector and one loose connector. It did not appear to have become disconnected en-route, but rather had clearly never been soldered to begin with. As seen: https://imgur.com/a/Uc18fnb

I am hoping to get this resolved, and I saw on the Contact Us page that it suggests a post on the forums, as moderators are authorized for these matters. Is it possible to have a second strip sent, or a refund issued?
Thank you

mikeysklar

Re: EL Tape connector not soldered on

Post by mikeysklar »

Thank you for the photo.

You are right that this product is supposed to ship with soldered connectors on both ends.

Please e-mail [email protected] and provide this forum link as authorization for replacement. You will also need to provide your order#.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”