Neopixel RBGW Strip holder

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jmw45822

Neopixel RBGW Strip holder

Post by jmw45822 »

Hi everyone. I tried to search the forums and couldn't find an answer. I have a 1 meter NP RGBW strip that I'm using a class clock on the TV in my classroom. I'm trying to get the strip hung up so I can see from anywhere in my room. I've tried electrical tape and sticky tac, but neither work. Does anyone have suggestions for self adhesive LED strip holders/clips that will work? I've looked on Amazon but the largest they have are 10 mm without the plastic coating. The TV is an Promethean ActivPanel 84 inch display that has metal for the bevels.

Franklin97355

Re: Neopixel RBGW Strip holder

Post by Franklin97355 »

Which product number do you have? There are several double-sided tapes that may work or you might have to use a physical holder.

wwhite74

Re: Neopixel RBGW Strip holder

Post by wwhite74 »

look up "LED channel", there are MANY MANY options out there,
you can get them with frosted covers, or clear covers. pretty much any profile you desire (point 90 or 180 degrees to the surface you've mounted it on, or mount in a corner pointing out at 45 degrees.)

it will make it more rigid, so should be able to easier to stick it to something than the floppy tape. can also use a couple small screws, if that's appropriate for what you want to mount it on.

before you look for channel, you will want to look up the width of your tape. It should be in millimeters and clearly listed where you purchased the tape from.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”