Hardware recommendations

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Stumpy_L

Hardware recommendations

Post by Stumpy_L »

I haven't used a Feather yet but have a new project and would like to get into Feathers. It will be a remote weather station with GPS, eventually I'd like to like it to the Starlink swarm but that's way down the line, for now I just want to get all this working. I want to use a FeatherS2 with GPS, temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, Li-on battery monitor and a OLED display. Below is the hardware I think will work but not sure if all are compatible or the best choice. That is what I am asking, what are your recommendations. Thanks John

FeatherS2 Adafruit 4769
GPS Adafruit 3133
Temp & Humdity Adafruit 4636
Barometric Press Adafruit 3966
Li-ion Batt Monitor Adafruit 4712
GPIO Expander Adafruit 5611
Cable Adafruit 4336
OLED Adafruit 4650

dastels

Re: Hardware recommendations

Post by dastels »

There's no address conflicts so everything should coexist nicely daisychained via STEMMA-QT.

One possible concern is whether the OLED wing will interfere with the GPS's reception. You could use an external antenna or put the feather/wings on a trippler: https://www.adafruit.com/product/3417.

Dave

Stumpy_L

Re: Hardware recommendations

Post by Stumpy_L »

I had thought about having the display off to the side via a cable instead of on the stack, GPS needs to be looking up. I like the trippler, that's cool. Thanks for looking it over for me.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Feather - Adafruit's lightweight platform”