Pyportal titano, Radsens 2 Dosimeter

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jakpak131

Pyportal titano, Radsens 2 Dosimeter

Post by jakpak131 »

Hello :-) I purchased one of you Pyportal Titanos ,awesome little device, I am trying to create a project that reads values from several stemma devices SCD40, SGP40, LPS22 and a PMSA0031 and display continues readings on the screen. I am new to Python. I managed to get reading "somehow" from all of these devices and display live readings, still haven't figured out how to set a background image yet though but that can wait. My problem is I would like to add a dosimeter to the project. Unfortunately, you don't seem to make one "hint hint nudge nudge say no more say no more" so i purchased a Radsens 2 I2C Dosimeter. I initially had it and the other sensors connected to a feather with an eink display running Arduino IDE "Crude but effective" at which point I could use the Arduino library for it and read the values to be displayed. However, I wanted to switch to the Titano and Python for obvious reasons. Being New to Python I have managed to get the other sensors working BUT I have spent the last 3 days trying trying to read values from the Radsens owing mostly to the fact that there is no Python library for it as far as I can tell. For that matter I can't seem to read any I2C device unless it has a library. Long story short ...... to late ...... I am begging, nay pleading could you possibly create a library or help me figure out how to read over I2C from the Radsens 2?
Attachments
RadSens-1v4_datasheet_ENG_CG002-0.pdf
(611.68 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
code.py
(187 Bytes) Downloaded 6 times

mikeysklar

Re: Pyportal titano, Radsens 2 Dosimeter

Post by mikeysklar »

You can run a separate Arduino with the official Radsense library and feed the data into your PyPortal Titano via UART.

Otherwise you are looking at porting the Arduino Library to CircuitPython.

The code does not look too complicated, but this can be a really slow process if the device has any weird i2c behaviors.

https://learn.adafruit.com/creating-and ... on-library

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”