Custom Board nRF52832 - Change FTDI pins

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tonialomar

Custom Board nRF52832 - Change FTDI pins

Post by tonialomar »

Hello,

I have a custom nRF52832AA board and I want to work with your Adafruit Feather nrf52832. I was able to program a DollaTek Board uploading first the bootloader (with JLINK) and then the code using a FTDI programmer on pins 8,6.

In my custom board these pins change and are set in 19 and 20. I tried modifying the variant.h Serial pins but it only modifies the Serial.begin data flow, not the programming code.

Is there any way to change the FTDI programming pins into custom ones?

Thanks,

Toni

tonialomar

Re: Custom Board nRF52832 - Change FTDI pins

Post by tonialomar »

If not possible. Is there a way to upload code using JLINK directly without an FTDI programmer?

Thanks,

Toni

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Custom Board nRF52832 - Change FTDI pins

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

To change the Serial programming pins you'd have to modify the bootloader.

If you're already using a J-Link programmer, it would probably be easier to stick with that and program the chip directly. It won't change the development process much.

Programming via Serial link to a bootloader is mostly a cost/convenience issue. Back when the Arduino was new, programmers cost $100 or more, making the barrier to entry pretty high for the average hobbyist. Being able to upload code from any computer through a USB connection made microcontrollers much more accessible.

If you already have a JTAG programmer, you can choose whatever programming method is most convenient for you.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Feather - Adafruit's lightweight platform”