Use several Adafruit Optical Fingerprint Sensors

This is a special forum devoted to educators using Adafruit and Arduino products for teaching.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
JoanCS

Use several Adafruit Optical Fingerprint Sensors

Post by JoanCS »

I need to create an access system and I want to control it with "Adafruit Optical Fingerprint Sensor".
There are several access points far from each other.
At each point I would put an Adafruit Huzzah ESP8266 Wifi with an Adafruit Optical Fingerprint Sensor.
The idea is to have a MySQL DB accessible to all readers and to share the DB with users.
What I would like is to read a loan and compare it with the one I have on file and associated with the database, a MySQL.
From what I can see, each Adafruit Optical Fingerprint Sensor has its own BD and I'm not interested in that. I can't go to each device and record fingerprints.
How can I resolve this issue?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Use several Adafruit Optical Fingerprint Sensors

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The device does have the capability to upload & download fingerprints. So it should be possible to share these between multiple devices.

See the documentation for details: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-opt ... /downloads

JoanCS

Post by JoanCS »

Thanks.
I've been looking at the documentation and examples from the bookstore. I don't see where to start.
I'm not looking at the right documentation or I don't understand it. Do you know of any examples that could help me? Thanks.

adafruit_support_bill

We do not have any example code for a project like that. But the library does support all of the commands for the device.

See sections 6.2.6 and 6.2.7 of the device user manual for upload/download command descriptions: https://cdn-shop.adafruit.com/datasheet ... ualV15.pdf

The corresponding library calls are: "loadModel" and "storeModel": https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit-Fi ... gerprint.h

JoanCS

Post by JoanCS »

Thanks. I've been looking at the documentation and what you told me. I don't see how to share the information between multiple readers. Maybe I don't have the right level. Thanks.

adafruit_support_bill

The documentation describes commands to read fingerprint information and commands to write fingerprint information. So it should be possible to read fingerprint data from one device and write it to another.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “For Educators”