NeoKey 1x4 not working

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mpc823

NeoKey 1x4 not working

Post by mpc823 »

I purchased 2 NeoKey 1x4 boards and only one of them seems to work. I have tried the example code for the NeoKey 1x4 on both boards. On one everything works as it should. On the other board, however, I get the the error - "Could not start NeoKey, check wiring?"

The only difference between the two is the one that doesn't work I have bridged the A0 to set it's address to 0x31. I've tried both addresses to ensure the bridge wasn't the issue. I've tried different cables, different examples, different addresses - but it seems this board just doesn't want to respond. The green power light does come on, so it should be receiving power. I also checked for any obvious shorts on the board, but I don't see anything that appears to be an issue.
NeoKey.jpg
NeoKey.jpg (698.13 KiB) Viewed 197 times
Is there something else I should try?

mpc823

Re: NeoKey 1x4 not working

Post by mpc823 »

And just for more information, since I see that others have had this same issue recently with the NeoKey 1x4, I am using a QT Py M0 as the controller, using the STEMMA connector on all boards. The board seems to pass the I2C bus on to other boards, as I had a rotary encoder after it that was seen. I also had all three boards (2 NeoKey 1x4 and a rotary encoder board) hooked up and ran the I2C scanner software (found at https://learn.adafruit.com/picowbell-pr ... o-i2c-scan) and it saw only addresses 0x30 and 0x36. No 0x31. I've tried the bad board by itself and nothing was found.

mpc823

Post by mpc823 »

Bump.

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

since I see that others have had this same issue recently with the NeoKey 1x4
Where are you seeing this? Please link to the other issues so we can take a look in case there is something larger scale happening here.

mpc823

Post by mpc823 »

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Thanks. Yep, let's get you a replacement as well. Send an email to [email protected] with a link to this thread and they can send you a replacement 1x4 NeoKey.

mpc823

Post by mpc823 »

Thanks!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”