FONA 3G can't connect to Adafruit IO

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
ssturgis96

FONA 3G can't connect to Adafruit IO

Post by ssturgis96 »

Hi all!

I have a FONA 3G module that is attempting to connect to Adafruit's IO server via T-Mobile cellular connection.

For some reason, when running the test sketches using an Arduino Uno I always receive an error and the connection fails. I know the module itself is fully functioning & can connect successfully to T-Mobile's network and also displays a stable signal strength.

I double checked the IO username & key and they are correct, so I am not sure why I cannot simply get some FONA data to display using the IO (For now just GPS parameters, but later on stuff like FONA IEMI #, power consumption, etc.). I was also able to successfully run the FONA basic test function & display the correct GPS parameters. My guess is that the MQTT connection is failing for some reason but am not sure if this is the cause, or even why/how to fix it.

Please get back to me at your earliest convenience; any help is greatly appreciated!
- Sean S.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”