RPi 4 HDMI Nonfunctional

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
ragwafire

RPi 4 HDMI Nonfunctional

Post by ragwafire »

Hi,

I have an RPi 4 I purchased from Adafruit a few weeks ago (got lucky in a restock), that doesn't display over HDMI, to any of my screens. I'm certain this isn't a configuration issue, as I've got another RPi4 from before the shortage, and it boots and displays over HDMI just fine with the same configuration (literally just swapping the cables and microSD card between them, and it works).

The older pi is a 4B 1.2, while the new one is 4B 1.5--was there a change to the HDMI functionality at some point, or is this board borked?

mikeysklar

Re: RPi 4 HDMI Nonfunctional

Post by mikeysklar »

This is more likely an issue with the RPi 4 board, but just to confirm what are some of the HDMI display you are using?

ragwafire

Post by ragwafire »

mikeysklar wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:29 pm This is more likely an issue with the RPi 4 board, but just to confirm what are some of the HDMI display you are using?
I've tried my ASUS VS229H-P monitor, and a 4k Sharp LQ125D1JW33. There was no output to either of them from the new RPi4, but my other one worked swimmingly.

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Okay, since you have two RPIs and have been moving the SD card between them I think we should swap the board. As long as the board was purchased in the last month you are under warranty replacement.

Please e-mail [email protected] . They will need this forum thread link as authorization and your order#.

ragwafire

Post by ragwafire »

mikeysklar wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:08 pm As long as the board was purchased in the last month you are under warranty replacement.
I ordered it on the 27th of October, a month and a day ago 😭
I didn't notice the HDMI issue sooner, because I hadn't gotten the screen for it set up yet. Is it still going to be cover-able under warranty?

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Yeah, you are good.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”