CircuitPhyton drivers on windows 7

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
EV27

CircuitPhyton drivers on windows 7

Post by EV27 »

Hello,
I would like to ask anyone that had some problems about the setup of the board M4 CAN Express on windows 7 64 bits with circuitpython, i don't have the possibility to install windows 10 on my PC due to external software already installed. My problem is about the driver configuration, i previously installed the windows 7 drivers intended for the recognition of the board. I already de-activate the antivirus and allow the system to installed unsigned drivers, i also tried to install the drivers manually, altough i always get a message that are not the suitable drivers. I already tried using the MU editor and Visual studio code software as well, but in both cases the board is recognized without the possibility to access to the REPL. I can load programs, but i don't have the feedback of the REPL.

I will really appreciate your help!

danhalbert

Re: CircuitPhyton drivers on windows 7

Post by danhalbert »

We haven't updated the drivers for new boards in a while, Feather M4 CAN included, because Windows 7 is end-of-life. Demand for Windows 7 drivers has decreased greatly (acknowledging that you are one of those asking). The driver certificate has also expired, so it would be unsigned.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”