BLE to Adafruit IO

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
nolo

BLE to Adafruit IO

Post by nolo »

I’m needing to upload data from a bluetooth/BLE capable source to Adafruit IO.

There are instructions here (https://learn.adafruit.com/bluetooth-le ... e/overview) to create a bluetooth-to-wifi bridge with a Pi Zero W. But the example code for the associated BLE module is in Circuit Python and my program needs to be in C/C++. (My board is Arduino compatible, and not Circuit Python compatible.)

Has anyone here done this before? Or, are there Arduino libraries comparable to those used to create the CP code?

I'm mostly looking for a way to interface with the Pi bridge as it stands. And I need this to run whether I'm present or not, so using my phone as a bridge isn't a viable option. Besides that, I'm open to other ways to get my data uploaded.

brubell
Learn User Page

Re: BLE to Adafruit IO

Post by brubell »

Try the Adafruit BlueFruit Connect app for iOS

nolo

Post by nolo »

Brubell, I need you to explain how the BlueFruit Connect app will help me solve my problem.

I realize it will let me interact with my sensor node for debug purposes.

But I don't see how it would enable me to get my sensor data to Adafruit IO without sacrificing my phone. (I realize you're probably busy and likely just read the first line of my request, but I did specify that as a requirement at the end.)

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

And I need this to run whether I'm present or not, so using my phone as a bridge isn't a viable option.
There's nothing available from what I've seen at the moment, though it's something we're looking at for WipperSnapper. You may need to roll your own solution for this.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”