Magtag "no network with that SSID" - 9 cases out of 10 on one device. Another OK!

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tarmo_r

Magtag "no network with that SSID" - 9 cases out of 10 on one device. Another OK!

Post by tarmo_r »

Hi all!
Continuing here the thread from https://github.com/adafruit/circuitpython/issues/7260
I have 2 MagTags - one of them failing to pick up Wifi on majority of occasions if the signal quality goes to somewhere < -75 rssi and (often) fails to pick it up after improving the signal. Soft restart helps rarely, hard restarts and longer (5..15min) turn-off-on's seem to bring the board better back to life.
The other MagTag does not have any issue with such RSSI values and is good to connect any time.
From the visual comparison the boards and soldering joints look identical. If anybody has good debugging ideas or things I might have missed in the original github post, let me know!

danhalbert

Re: Magtag "no network with that SSID" - 9 cases out of 10 on one device. Another OK!

Post by danhalbert »

We spent a while debugging in the issue, and I don't see that further testing will help.

You said these were recently purchased. This sounds like a hardware problem, and we can replace the board. Send an email to [email protected] with your order information, with a pointer to this thread, and tell them that a replacement has been authorized.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”