Can you passthrough USB-C 3.2/4 TB3/4?

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Nightfall

Can you passthrough USB-C 3.2/4 TB3/4?

Post by Nightfall »

Good day everybody,
I'm searching for a D-Panel Solution to passthrough a USB-C port unto the other side of a Rack.
By just searching the Internet I found solutions which are in Keystone Format and have a D-Panel housing but only supporting USB3.1 in USB-C format.
USB-C is an amazing port and almost everything at the studio and at clients are USB-C or I'll try to at least sparkle the idea of upgrading to that port. Now, the device on the other side, has a TB3 Port and my initial thinking is just a dummy adapter with two female ports would to it, would that work? yes? no? Are there other solutions who have a panel mount option?

Neutrik has port called the "MediaCon" and it's based on USB-C. The Housing can lock the cable, which is cool, but no usable for my situation.

The end setup: Mac>Front USB-C Panel Passthrough>TB3 to TB2 Adapter>Thunderbolt 2 Cable>Focusrite8PreX.

Cheers
Attachments
12743-USB-Type-C-Chassils-Connector-NMC-C-HR.jpg
12743-USB-Type-C-Chassils-Connector-NMC-C-HR.jpg (65 KiB) Viewed 45 times

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Can you passthrough USB-C 3.2/4 TB3/4?

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

I'm afraid we don't carry anything like that, and don't have any suggestions about where to find such an adapter. Maybe someone from the community will have more information.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”