User Manual of DYP-A01-V2.0

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ackahn

User Manual of DYP-A01-V2.0

Post by ackahn »

I'm working on an underwater ROV project using the DYP-ME007YS, sonar sensor and am working in LabVIEW. I have 4 sensors in total and am trying to take sequential measurements to prevent multipath interference. To achieve this, I am trying to communicate with the sensors in controlled UART mode as described in the subject user manual on page 7 but am struggling to understand the explanation. It seems to be saying that so long as the Rx pin is high, no measurements will be taken, otherwise, one and only one measurement will be taken on a falling edge. However, this does not appear to be the case as I'm continuously getting measurement data and multipath interference even while only reading the Tx pin. It seems that this device can only be used in the UART auto mode.

Am I misunderstanding how to use the controlled UART mode or is something else amiss here? Is the DYP-A01-V2.0 user manual not applicable to the DYP-ME007YS sonar sensor? If not, is there a way I can control when measurements are taken using the DYP-ME007YS?

Franklin97355

Re: User Manual of DYP-A01-V2.0

Post by Franklin97355 »

Can you post the link to the manual and what programming language are you using along with what micro?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”