VSCode support for QT Py RP2040 ?

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jsroques

VSCode support for QT Py RP2040 ?

Post by jsroques »

Hello,

I am building a new project based on QT Py RP2040 but it is not fully supported into VSCode (lots of other cuties... but not this specific one).

I managed to get simple "blink" example to work (redefining pins_arduino.h... but it is not "clean") and I am not sure I will not run into issues in the future.

Is there (quite) simple modification I could do to make it work in a proper fashion ? Is there plan to add this new QT Py into VSCode ?

Thanks !
Jean-Sébastien

adafruit_support_mike

Re: VSCode support for QT Py RP2040 ?

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

I'm afraid we don't use VSCode and don't have any insight into configuring it. Maybe someone from the community will have more information.

jsroques

Post by jsroques »

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Just to clarify, when I spoke about VSCode, I should have said PlatformIO which is built on top of VSCode.

I was thinking Adafruit was providing the integration with PlatformIO because I saw a lot of other Adafruit boards. I will check on PlatformIO side also then.

If anyone could give me some directions to make this QT Py RT2040 on how to make it work, that would be great :-)

Regards.
JS

robcranfill

Post by robcranfill »

JS,

I don't have an answer for you, but I feel your pain. I have been trying to build for the Feather RP2040 using VS Code itself, and even that seems to be very un-supported. (See the above comment from adafruit_support_mike; this seems to be typical - and understandable, I guess - they can't support everything!)

I am still flailing to find what dev environment works best for C and the Feather (and also the Pico). I am now looking at the Arduino IDE, which is basically C, so I'd be happy if that works.

I look forward to see if anyone else has a better answer!
/rob in Seattle

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”