iPhone cannot login to Adafruit IO

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
_phillip

iPhone cannot login to Adafruit IO

Post by _phillip »

I have tried repeatedly to log in to my IO account with my iPhone, but it never displays the following:
adafruit_io.png
adafruit_io.png (137.7 KiB) Viewed 118 times
All I see on my iPhone is this:
iphone-io.PNG
iphone-io.PNG (43.69 KiB) Viewed 118 times
So I can never activate my dashboards.

Thanks.

jwcooper

Re: iPhone cannot login to Adafruit IO

Post by jwcooper »

Is your account working for you on a desktop or laptop browser?

_phillip

Post by _phillip »

I can view my dashboard perfectly on both my iMac and MBPro computers. But after logging into my account on my iPhone I am never able to see my dashboards.

Thanks for your post.

_phillip

Post by _phillip »

I finally figured out where my 'devices' were hidden. Adafruit's mobile app design needs a bit more work to make it easier to navigate.

jwcooper

Post by jwcooper »

Can you go into further details on 'where they were hidden'?

We'd like to fix this, but I'm not able to replicate this issue on my iPhone or in a browser window in a mobile-sized view.

_phillip

Post by _phillip »

@jwcooper

Thank you for getting back to me.

I currently have a 'lot on my plate' so I have probably not been thinking too clearly about this.

As noted above, I was expecting to see the 'myDevices/ Devices' on my iPhone that I see on my iMac. Instead, after finally figuring how to log in to Adafruit on my iPhone, I tapped 'IO' and saw only 'Devices' above 'New Device' as noted above as well. Then by accident I noticed the hamburger menu icon. I tapped it and Voila!, there was the 'Dashboards' I had been searching for as shown next.
hamburger_menu.PNG
hamburger_menu.PNG (401.28 KiB) Viewed 94 times
This may seem to some to be a minor irritant, but for my current project, being able to view this dashboard is extremely important. IMHO, this is what separates Adafruit from its competitors. In addition, being able to share these dashboards is also BANNED.

All that said, it seems to me that the mobile configuration could be tuned up a bit to make it more intuitive to users. If I am the only one who has an issue with this, then perhaps you can just write this off as some grumpy dude whining about nothing. At the moment, I now understand how to navigate the Adafruit site on my iPhone and that solves this problem.

Adafruit is still the best in my book.

Thank you.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”