MatrixPortal M4 Arduino IDE 2.0 Board Manager

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
aferlazzo

MatrixPortal M4 Arduino IDE 2.0 Board Manager

Post by aferlazzo »

Greetings!

I have 2 MatrixPortal M4 boards. When I plug them into my HUB75 matrix boards and they bring up the digital sand sketch, so I'm confident they're working. The problem is I'm trying to create a new sketch using the Arduino IDE 2.0 and I can't seem to install the correct board. My choices for Adafruit boards are limited to Adafruit Circuit Playground, Adafruit Circuit Playground Express, Adafruit Feather HUZZAH ESP8266. None of the choices seem to be correct.

I'm using Windows 10.

I attempted to use the "https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-mat ... -ide-setup" as a guide even though it only covers IDE 1.8.

I have the Arduino SAMD boards board manager installed, but I suspect I need another board manager installed. Not having any luck selecting the correct board to use.

Is there another installation guide I should be using?

dastels

Re: MatrixPortal M4 Arduino IDE 2.0 Board Manager

Post by dastels »

You need the Adafruit SAMD board support package in addition to the Arduino one.

Dave

aferlazzo

Post by aferlazzo »

Hi Dave,
I have added https://adafruit.github.io/arduino-boar ... index.json to the IDE2.0.3 board manager. I plugged the Matrix Portal M4 board in and restarted the IDE. I selected Adafruit Matrix Portal M4 (SAMD51) on COM4.

I installed the Protomatter library. The COM port was loaded without having to configure it manually. Then I tried loading the first example code, simple.ino. It works!!

Thanks,

Tony

dastels

Post by dastels »

Excellent!

Dave

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”