ATiny5,10 programming help

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
rjdadio

ATiny5,10 programming help

Post by rjdadio »

Hello, I am at my wits end having spent 3+ weeks trying to program a Tiny5 MCU. I have a very simple programing need for 1000+ Tiny5 MCUs. I can program Tiny 25s but to no avail I cannot program Tiny5. I have followed a number of videos showing how to program using command line avrdude and avr-gcc using a USBASP but nothing has worked. Have verified the wiring over and over so that is correct. I have a STK600 programmer with the proper board and socket for the SOT23-6 Tiny5 with Microchip studio but the tools can not ID the chip. I have used my ATMEL ICE with the proper wiring with the same outcome...can not ID the chip.
I have tried everything! I even wiped a computer and reloaded all the software and tool chain only to have the same result.
I can do all the programing on a Tiny25 in C or C++ with no problem, but can not make the Tiny5 do its thing.
A very simple 10+ line C program to use as a hard reset device to wake up stubborn SSD1306 128x32 OLED.
Can some one help? Can I hire someone to work this project out for me? Can someone build a programming setup to do this? I am stuck and cannot finish my new product without this, so I would be grateful for help or for hire to do this. Thanks, Ray

adafruit_support_mike

Re: ATiny5,10 programming help

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

I've had limited success with the ATtiny10 myself, but did run into one poorly-documented detail: they only program when powered at 5V. They can run at lower voltages, but won't program at 3.3V or 3.7V.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”