PoE splitter no carrier signal detected

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
PeterPrime

PoE splitter no carrier signal detected

Post by PeterPrime »

Hello,
I received a 1 x PoE Splitter with USB Type C - 5V 2A - 100 MB Ethernet[ID:4552] Order Confirmation No: 2973429-2712094547 today. I promptly tried to put it into use and when I opened a terminal and performed "ip address", then eth0 showed the error: "no carrier signal detected". I did extensive network trouble shooting including bypassing the splitter, which did give me a connection for my Raspberry Pi 400 to my network. I have a full Cat. 6/1Gbs network (switches and all cabling). How can we proceed?
Peter

mikeysklar

Re: PoE splitter no carrier signal detected

Post by mikeysklar »

I've had one issue with the PoE have a soldering issue. If you want to open it up and check the solder points to confirm everything is well connected you are welcome to do so. Otherwise we can replace or refund you.

viewtopic.php?p=889262

PeterPrime

Post by PeterPrime »

I would prefer the refund option. Thank you. How do we get that started?
What is incumbent upon me to get this started?

Peter

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Please send an e-mail [email protected] for a refund. They will need this forum link and your order#.

PeterPrime

Post by PeterPrime »

Thank you, Mikey Sklar.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”