CPLAYBOOT issue with Mac OS 12.6

Play with it! Please tell us which board you're using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
cjmogan

CPLAYBOOT issue with Mac OS 12.6

Post by cjmogan »

I am BRAND NEW to Circuit Playground Express and am using MakeCode on a Mac OS 12.6. On my office laptop I was able to download the .uf2 file to the Express on loan from a friend. On my desktop computer at home, the CPLAYBOOT drive does not appear on the new unit I just purchased since I returned the other Express to my friend. I'm getting red to purple lights circulating on the board and resetting...either single or double clicking does no good. I believe that the CPLAYBOOT version on the Express may be outdated since. I read somewhere that I may need to update the playboot on this unit from an older computer. What am I missing?

dastels

Re: CPLAYBOOT issue with Mac OS 12.6

Post by dastels »

The first thing to check is that you are using a USB data cable and not a power/charge only cable.

Dave

cjmogan

Post by cjmogan »

I am using a data cable. Bought a brand new one that said data cable on the package.

dastels

Post by dastels »

OK, it sounds like you will, indeed, need to update the bootloader as described at https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-cir ... bootloader. The wrinkle is that you need to do that because you can't get the BOOT drive on your version of MacOS. You will need to use another computer to upgrade it: either a pre-10.14.4 Mac, a Windows/Linux computer.

Dave

cjmogan

Post by cjmogan »

Thanks. The confirmation helps. I’ll give that a go. Cheers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Circuit Playground Classic, Circuit Playground Express, Circuit Playground Bluefruit”