What is WipperSnapper, and Will it do what I need?

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
KirillMcQ

What is WipperSnapper, and Will it do what I need?

Post by KirillMcQ »

Hello! I am new to AdaFruit, and I found this awesome board called A00dafruit HUZZAH32 – ESP32. I was looking through the documentation, and I was wondering what WipperSnapper is? I read through the page, but there was not much there. My project is a model rocket, and I will be using the ESP32 for a flight computer. There will be 2 SG90 servos attached, as well as an MPU6050 Sensor. I want to be able to see that data real time; is it true that I understand that it will show me the data from my sensor in real time? Also, my rocket won't go very high, maybe 200-300 feet max. My next question is, i can just buy a LiPo battery and plug it into the ESP32, and it will be powered? Also, my servos and sensor needs to be connected to the VCC pin, but I don't see one. Is that just the BAT pin? Also, is the board powerful enough to power my Servos? Thanks.

Franklin97355

Re: What is WipperSnapper, and Will it do what I need?

Post by Franklin97355 »

Wippersnapper is for AdafruitIO communications and I don't see that you need it for your project. To your other question, yes you can plug a lipo in and the huzzah will be powered.

KirillMcQ

Post by KirillMcQ »

How about the BAT pin? Is that same as the VCC pin?

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Where do you see the VCC pin?

KirillMcQ

Post by KirillMcQ »

That's what I am trying to ask, I don't see a VCC pin. I am asking if the BAT pin is the same as the VCC on NODEMCU ESP32.

sj_remington

Post by sj_remington »

Take a few moments to read the clear description on this page https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-huz ... ns-2816344
BAT - this is the positive voltage to/from the JST jack for the optional Lipoly battery

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Are you using a Feather or a NODEMCU?

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

Hi, so we can help improve our experiences and documentation..
I was looking through the documentation, and I was wondering what WipperSnapper is? I read through the page, but there was not much there.
What pages were you looking at? Could you link me?

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”