webhook json having issues with value showing up on graph in IO platform

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
jakefreese

webhook json having issues with value showing up on graph in IO platform

Post by jakefreese »

I have been trying to get my data to showup in Adafruit IO through a webhook from Particle. I have a {"value":5.00"} that shows up. Nothing will show up on the graph in the feeds tab nor in the dashboard block. I figured it is a format issue that it is not able to convert. What is the proper format for the JSON data for it to show up in the feeds graph ?

The JSON is

Code: Select all

{
  "value": "{{{PARTICLE_EVENT_VALUE}}}"
}

THANK YOU!!
Attachments
IO.jpg
IO.jpg (135.69 KiB) Viewed 193 times

brubell
Learn User Page

Re: webhook json having issues with value showing up on graph in IO platform

Post by brubell »

Hi, this is a holiday week and I do not know the answer. I've emailed our web-team and they will respond on this thread. Thank you for your patience.

lorennorman

Post by lorennorman »

Hello jakefreese!

I'm not sure about the Particle webhook, but the fact that I'm seeing:

{"value":"5.00"}
...in the feed is a problem. IO charting and dashboards expect to find the raw data value in there, in this case it'd be:

If you can modify things on your end so that only the raw value ends up in there, you should be good to go!

If that doesn't help, or you have more complex needs, please reply with more information about what you're doing. The IO API does support that kind of feed data structure (and lets you add metadata to the value as well), but it seems something about the way you are getting the data into IO isn't going through the API properly and it's taking the entire JSON string as the feed value (vs parsing it.)

Cheers!

bronicon

Post by bronicon »

Hi IO team,
I am trying the same thing and now learned that JSON data is not parsed to create different data points for the dashboard. This would be a cool feature to implement, to get more out of the data I am feeding.
Something for the wish list, what do you think?

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”