Huzzah ESP32 hung up during wipper snapper loading

adafruit.io wippersnapper BETA support, discussions, and more!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
tgodeaux

Huzzah ESP32 hung up during wipper snapper loading

Post by tgodeaux »

What do you do if the wipper snapper loading never finished and I had to disconnect after it said not to disconnect? I tried re-loading and it doesn't seem to do anything? Any idea on how long I should wait?

brubell
Learn User Page

Re: Huzzah ESP32 hung up during wipper snapper loading

Post by brubell »

Hi, I need some more information before I can assess what happened.
What do you do if the wipper snapper loading never finished and I had to disconnect after it said not to disconnect?
What do you mean loading never finished? Was this on the web installer website (https://adafruit.github.io/WipperSnappe ... e_Uploader)?

Could you try this again - and copy and paste the console's output here?

rjones3507

Post by rjones3507 »

I have exactly the same problem. Board works fine from Arduino IDE, but hangs in exactly the same place when trying to install WipperSnapper firmware.

I let it run for several hours (overnight), it never shows any progress on the "Erasing Flash (1/3)..." progress bar.

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

rjones3507 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:18 pm I have exactly the same problem. Board works fine from Arduino IDE, but hangs in exactly the same place when trying to install WipperSnapper firmware.

I let it run for several hours (overnight), it never shows any progress on the "Erasing Flash (1/3)..." progress bar.
Could you first try another USB cable? I'm reaching out to the developers for the web installer and will update this thread when we have more steps to help us reproduce and fix this bug.

lorennorman

Post by lorennorman »

Hey folks! I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this tool.

We've fixed a bug that may have been causing this issue. Would you please try this again and report back if it is still failing? The tool is at:
https://adafruit.github.io/WipperSnappe ... _Uploader/

If it still doesn't work and you'd like to help us track down the bug:
1. Visit the debug version: https://adafruit.github.io/WipperSnappe ... debug=true
2. Click "Show Console" in the bottom right, if you haven't already
3. Open up your browser's Developer Tools

...then paste whatever output you see in the console or developer tools here.

Thank you for the bug reports and the help!

rjones3507

Post by rjones3507 »

I'm sorry for the delay--I tried a bunch of different things and then didn't check back until now.

Great news, this fixed it! I'm up and running--thank you.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Adafruit IO Wippersnapper Beta”