Dashboard backup

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
cafedude

Dashboard backup

Post by cafedude »

How do I create a backup of a dashboard? Is there a way to export and re-import? I was trying to consolidate some feeds and when I removed one I discovered that all of the blocks that referenced the feed had been erased. It would be nice to be able to download say a json record of my dashboard and be able to restore if something goes wrong.

brubell
Learn User Page

Re: Dashboard backup

Post by brubell »

Currently, there doesn't exist a way to create a dashboard backup. I believe this is the first time I've seen this requested. It would be a useful future feature, but it isn't a high-priority feature right now.

St3v3C

Re: Dashboard backup

Post by St3v3C »

Well, here is another request for that. I changed some things around and accidentally deleted a feed that then deleted dashboard blocks which I then had to recreate. Simple so not a big deal but I went looking for the dashboard archive functions...

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”