Choosing the right components.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Arkimadis

Choosing the right components.

Post by Arkimadis »

Hello so I'm looking to build a simple setup with your products but im at a lose how to couple things together.

I'll try and explain to the best of my knowledge what I'm looking to do.
I want to make a 7 led Jewel ( ID 2860 ) and power it with a battery power pack using AA batteries I found you have a pack ( ID 727 ) I don't know if it's enough to power the jewel and then I need a controller to work with the jewel and power pack but I simply don't know what to use can you give me some recommendations and reasons for the difference choices ?

Best of wishes
Lasse Holstein Bach.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Choosing the right components.

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

It does not take a very powerful processor to drive a Jewel. You could use most any processor. The Gemma M0 would be a good match since it is compact and has a similar form-factor. And the 3xAAA battery holder you posted would work fine as a power source. A 3.7v LiPo cell would also work. But then you would need to add a charger to your project.

Arkimadis

Post by Arkimadis »

Thanks you for all the answers thats perfect control for what I'm doing.
What would you recommend to make a on and off switch using the Gemma m0 I need to make an external on and off buttom

adafruit_support_bill

The 3xAAA battery holder already has an on/off switch built-in: https://www.adafruit.com/product/727

If you want the switch separate from the battery pack, we also have these: https://www.adafruit.com/product/1092
https://www.adafruit.com/product/3064

Arkimadis

Post by Arkimadis »

Hello and thanks you agine this has been huge help so far im planing on 3d printing a base where everything fits inside so i can make translucent 3d printed figures to stand on and light to go up through it, so my next important question come with a lot of confusion am i am to find the code i need to put on the Gemma m0 to just make it run the colors in a circle or something like that to shift between colors ?
or will i need to try do coding myself i have no prior experiance with coding so that seem like something that would be huge problem if comes down to me need to learn code aswell to use these products ?

Best of wish i hope you have great day.
Lasse Holstein Bach

adafruit_support_bill

There is the "StrandTest" example code that comes with the Neopixel library. That will cycle through all the colors and a number of other interesting patterns. That is always a good place to start.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”