Grand Central with SDIO Breakout - but not Python

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
dpru

Grand Central with SDIO Breakout - but not Python

Post by dpru »

Hey all,

I have an Adafruit Metro M4 Grand Central board, as well as an SDIO breakout board. I have the boards connected exactly as is shown on the following page: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-mic ... o-breakout

I have tested the setup using Circuit Python, and it works. But I don't want to use Circuit Python. I want to use C/C++. As far as I can tell, Adafruit has only developed a Circuit Python library (sdioio) to work with this board. Are there any solutions out there that work with Arduino/C/C++? To be clear, I want to use SDIO, not SPI. Any Adafruit engineers have any insights?

As an additional note: I have attempted to use the Atmel Software Framework 4 (Atmel Start) library, but to no avail. I am setting my clocks up exactly as they are set up by the Circuit Python code, but the SD card fails to initialize properly.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Grand Central with SDIO Breakout - but not Python

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

You're correct that the SDIO library only exists for CircuitPython. We haven't back-ported it to C/C++ yet, and there's no timeframe on when our programmers will get to that task.

I'll let the folks who did the CircuitPython version know though, and they might have some suggestions for you.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Metro, Metro Express, and Grand Central Boards”