Super baseball hat

Wearable electronics: boards, conductive materials, and projects from Adafruit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
sergeaudio

Super baseball hat

Post by sergeaudio »

Hi,

I'm a geek but not when it comes to electronic circuitry. I have this hat from LL Bean that has a great LED light on the bill but the battery design is uncool (two AA batteries that distort the shape of the hat). I bought one of your LiPo batteries and a USB charger. The battery alone works with the light and the charger charges the battery. I wish to wire them all together so that I can plug my hat into my USB charger when it needs charging, period. Wiring the charger and battery in parallel seems risky. Do I need to put a capacitor somewhere? Quickie drawing attached. The charger is a Micro Lipo - USB LiIon/LiPoly charger (v2)and the battery is
1 x Lithium Ion Polymer Battery with Short Cable - 3.7V 420mAh.
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (71.53 KiB) Viewed 185 times

mikeysklar

Re: Super baseball hat

Post by mikeysklar »

Any reason to not disconnect the battery plug it in the charger (that does not need to be mounted to the hat)? The JST plugs are not bad to manually disconnect.

sergeaudio

Post by sergeaudio »

I actually like the look and the practicality of a USB plug on the head-fit adjustment strap. If the charger is loose, it will get lost.

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

It is fine to connect the charger + battery in parallel. You do not need to add additional hardware.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wearables”