EInk feather 2.13 mono

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Moviestar

EInk feather 2.13 mono

Post by Moviestar »

Hi

I have a EInk feather 2.13 mono
and i manage to get it to display stuff if i use a 5v power in the 3v pin 2:na in from the card-slot.
and use memory from the processor board.
since the memory does not seem to work on 5v
if i go down to 3.3v on that pin, then i can via SPI send a string to the memory and then read it back so memory seems to be working on ~3v (this fails at 5v)
but then the display will not draw BANNED.

I use it from a Esp32s3 dev kit.

any thoughts on how to get this running with both the memory and display or is there something wrong with my board.

adafruit_support_carter

Re: EInk feather 2.13 mono

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

FeatherWings are designed to be used with Feather main boards. Use with non-Feather boards is generally not supported. It may be possible, but you'll need to use the available pinout and other information for the FeatherWing to determine the proper connections.

Moviestar

Post by Moviestar »

the pinout for the feather board that is on the site is abit short on details
but by the images and i can find the 3v gnd and spi pins and all the select and dc is marked on the board.

i stateted to pop it on my huzzh32(2ac72-esp32) board and it did absolutely nothing. thats why i moved to a board that i had a usb-debugger for since the jtag seemed to share some pins with the display on this one and i had no loose jtag.

but like i say i can use the memory on its own and the display on its own so spi seems fine
and the only change i basically make is to give the Adafruit_EPD a (-1) chip-select for sram (SRCS)
and also change from using a 3.3v to 5v

Moviestar

Post by Moviestar »

a made a little test and just create the sram class and write a text to it when it uses 3v
and it does what it should.

so this is why i wonder if my featherboard might be a dodgy revision ... seems it has had a few

it looks like https://www.adafruit.com/product/4195 that 4th picture with the coin.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”