Circuit Playground Classic Windows Connecting Issue

Play with it! Please tell us which board you're using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
CustomPC48809

Circuit Playground Classic Windows Connecting Issue

Post by CustomPC48809 »

I can not find any related posts. I have tried connecting using windows 7 with the drivers and it sees the device but will not load and give me green LEDs. So then I updated to windows 10 and same issue. It sees the device under unknown devices but pressing the reset and even double pressing doesn't bring anything up. It does the LED effects and pressing the button it beeps along with it. Can anyone help me please? I can do screen shots or even do a Zoom Call. I got this as a toy for myself and one as a gift to my dad which is having the same issue.

dastels

Re: Circuit Playground Classic Windows Connecting Issue

Post by dastels »

What are you expecting to happen? It's a Classic (32u4 based) so it won't present a USB drive.

It should work in Arduino with the with the right board support package installed.

See https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing- ... playground for more information.

Dave

CustomPC48809

Post by CustomPC48809 »

Ok, so thanks there were no answers online about that. Yes I was thinking and treating it as an express. I'm new to this whole thing, so i need to change them to the express. So doing that I should be able to follow along with videos online. Thanks for the information and link.

dastels

Post by dastels »

The Classics work great with C++/Arduino and have all the sensors and such that the Express has. The only real advantage the Express has is that it can run CircuitPython, though the amount of code you can load onto it is limited by it's relatively small amount of RAM. If you want a better CircuitPython experience, look at the CircuitPlayground Bluefruit.

Dave

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Circuit Playground Classic, Circuit Playground Express, Circuit Playground Bluefruit”