Metro M4 Express Airlift w/ USB-C

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bucketnate

Metro M4 Express Airlift w/ USB-C

Post by bucketnate »

I'm not sure if this is a Metro question, or a USB adapter question... I'm trying to use a USB-C to USB-A panel mount adapter with my Metro M4 Express Airlift. A basic USB-A to MicroUSB cable connects them. If I plug into a USB-C charger the board powers up, but if I plug it into the USB-C port on a laptop (tried a few) there is no power or data connection. The USB-A to MicroUSB works fine if I plug directly into my laptop, so I know the cable is good. I've similarly tested my USB C cable. My laptop can connect to other devices via USB-C so I know my port is working as expected. I've tried turning the cable upside down, since the adapter only sends power & data on one side, but still no luck. I've also powered the board through the DC jack to see if I get data then, but I still don't.

I'd appreciate any suggestions. If I need to get a different adapter, that's fine, but I want to know what to look for before making another purchase.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Metro M4 Express Airlift w/ USB-C

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

It sounds like there's a bad connection in the adapter, probably on one of the power lines.

Send a note containing a link to this page and your order number to [email protected]. The folks there will get you a replacement.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Metro, Metro Express, and Grand Central Boards”