QT PY ESP32 Pico not recognized by Whippersnapper

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
robertr729

QT PY ESP32 Pico not recognized by Whippersnapper

Post by robertr729 »

I have flashed the firmware for my QT PY ESP32 Pico successfully and the IO Whippersnapper interface does not recognize my board. I've tried other cables to no avail. I have a yellow/green light on the board after the download. I'm running on an MAC. I've downloaded the drivers too.

bidrohini

Re: QT PY ESP32 Pico not recognized by Whippersnapper

Post by bidrohini »

Try this troubleshooting guideline: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-qt- ... pper-setup
Is your QT PY working otherwise? Can you upload codes to it using the Arduino IDE?

brubell
Learn User Page

Re: QT PY ESP32 Pico not recognized by Whippersnapper

Post by brubell »

robertr729 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:25 pm I have flashed the firmware for my QT PY ESP32 Pico successfully and the IO Whippersnapper interface does not recognize my board. I've tried other cables to no avail. I have a yellow/green light on the board after the download. I'm running on an MAC. I've downloaded the drivers too.
First, double-check the adafruit io username and key in the secrets.json file on your WIPPER drive. Then, double-check the wifi ssid and password in the secrets.json file on your WIPPER drive.

If the values within the secrets.json file look correct, let me know and I can help you with next steps.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”